Close

Thread: Fahrenheit 911

Threaded View

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Well, I honestly felt a little

sad making that post, Whitehall, in part because I knew that would be your reaction, and I hate making extreme

statements due to the divisions they evoke. But I have to call it like I see it sometimes, and there is

currently a crisis; an emergency. I don't think it's lack of critical thinking, though it may well be "outside the

box" critical thinking. I don't like the quality of available information in conservative culture in recent years,

and I don't recommend anyone to fish from that news pond. I've tried to see Bush's side of it throughout (though

I don't trust his presentation that is it is really his own side of it), but Moore's film did help me put together

some things in my own mind that did get the emotions flowing. Rather than "adolescent", the emotions are an

approproate adult reaction to Bush sending so many people to their deaths for essentially narcissistic

reasons. Further, he just literally let Bin Laden go. He's not "trying", and is not concerned with anyone else's

best interest. He has ruined our relationships with the rest of the planet, most of which was our potential ally

(That was one 9/11 opportunity he blew big time.). I am a human being and have strong emotions about these kinds of

things. He is a corrupt, selfish, personality disordered man with a lot of power, not a mere Republican with

policy differences! (Incidentally, as a psychologist with a lot of experience working with the mentally ill, I can

see pathology clearly in his eyes, mannerisms and posture! Get a DSM-IV and look up Axis-II disorders.) He is

not a Colin Powell (who I'm suprised hasn't resigned) or Jack Kemp. The war was not just a mistake on Bush's

part. I made a mistake when I gave him the benefit of the doubt. It wasn't just the CIA's fault. They were

telling him what he essentially ordered them to. It was all deliberate from the beginning. I voted for Reagan for

"strategic threat" reasons, since Soviet nuke missiles were pointed "everywhere and it's neighbor"; but in this

case I cannot see where Bush represents hope in that regard, to put it mildly. Bush has been resoundingly

ineffective in fighting terrorism, due to his narrowness, small mindedness, lack of conscience, and narcissism.

Terrorism has unequivocally gotten worse. The Bushes, their businesses, their politics, and their interests have

long been funded by Saudis (e.g., the Bin Ladens), who own close to 7% of this country(!), mostly in energy (e.g,

the Bush family's oil companies) and communications investments (hence someone's Disney comments in the other

thread). Whose best interest does Bush hold? Energy is your field, and I very much respect that you have some good

information on it. I listen to your opinions. I do know we're too dependent on foreign oil, and that the

supply/demand situation is coming to a crisis. Our relationships with those who produce oil have not improved,

though. We do now have greater access to Afghani and Iraqi oil and natural gas, as we invaded those

countries and installed governments, but that is hardly success in the big picture, and the long-term picture, of

energy. But it also should not just be about energy and oil.
    Last edited by DrSmellThis; 07-13-2004 at 09:12 PM.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Thread Information