Close

Default Pheros, could be just killer next time, Now it could use an improvement at the moment

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Bruce,
    May I make a suggestion for Phero's? If I may, I would

cut out the oils/herbs that seem to sooth or relax such as valarian and Chamomile. I have noticed Pheros, while

having a great smell, makes you a little drowsy. I think it is due to the Chamomile and other relaxing herbs that

are mixed in with it. It makes the wearer kind of tired. You know, you don't want that when putting on cologne to

go out somewhere. Next time I would use a stronger pheromone mix that is like SOE in terms of content and structure.

However I would make the SOE pheromone mimic addition in effect but only about 60% of the potency as SOE (SOE seems

a bit heavy). Then I would add just a touch of Nol for added sexual spark -minus the relaxing herbs. I would put the

added mones in place where the relaxing herbs were. That would make it just fantastic. This would make it

killer.
    I hope you take the suggestions as friendly and look into it with consideration. Pheros has

excellent promise with this combination.
    Happy

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Hey Happyman, thanks for the

constructive feedback. I know what you mean about the relaxing part. It's part of the aromatherapy aspect. I'm

sorry it makes you tired. It doesn't make me at all tired, though, just relaxed in a good, stress-free way. I got

real relaxed today working with it, in fact. It doesn't affect my coordination or anything, however. I even had

a really energetic workout tonight. I doubled my usual aerobics due to my extra energy, after working with

Pheros all day. Stress burns a lot of energy, and so relieving stress can actually increase energy, depending

on the health of your parasympathetic nervous system. If your parasympathetic NS is a little burnt, relieving the

stress from the sympathetic NS might leave you with fatigue. Have you had a lot of stress in recent times? If

that's what is happening, it's possible Pheros would be good for you to wear at home, if it made you rest

better. Most who posted about it so far reported positive wearer effects. But I hear you loud and clear regarding

your own bodily reactions.

There is a good bit of valerian in there, though along with 150 other natural

things (including chamomile); so if you are super sensitive to valerian, then Pheros might not be the most

appropriate product for you, at least for during the day. Maybe for a relaxing, romantic night. You could try

taking a couple capsules of ginseng (American preferably, or Korean) to cancel your sedation and balance the energy

of it. That might do the trick.

Here was my thinking in putting it in there: Valerian is a mild muscle

relaxant, even when smelled, which can be good for dilating certain blood vessels in certain parts of the male and

female anatomy, if you know what I mean! It is also good for relaxing your partner or target; and alleviating any

stress they might have about "certain things". Lastly, it contains the chemical that makes feet smell like feet

(isovalerianic acid); and suggests homey, familiar surroundings, theoretically enhancing intimacy. The smell of feet

also mark's one's territory. It also adds to the musky note. Valerian has long been reputed to contain other

pheromone analogues. Finally, it is mildly intoxicating (Valium can be easily derived from valerian root.).

"That is a lot of activity for one ingredient", I was thinking.

Regarding the aromatherapy, however, there are

also quite a few stimulating spices in Pheros that should balance out the relaxation effects and keep folks'

energy flowing. (There was no way to add more spice without adversely affecting the formula, BTW). So I am wondering

if you are sensitive to those plants. How does valerian/chamomile tea affect you?

As far as "next time;" as

soon as the 1000 or so bottles are used up, Pheros will be "history", unfortunately! There is just the one

master batch, and I can't make more; as it's just too complex and took 18 months to make, drop by drop. However, I

am definitely going to solicit ideas from everyone before releasing my next product for men, and will remember what

you have reported, Happyman.

Does Pheros make anyone else sleepy? Pleasantly relaxed? Neither? Any other

wearer effects to report?
    Last edited by DrSmellThis; 06-30-2004 at 04:48 PM.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Quote Originally Posted by DrSmellThis

As far

as "next time;" as soon as the 1000 or so bottles are used up, Pheros will be "history", unfortunately! There

is just the one batch, and I can't make more; as it's just too complex and took 18 months to make, drop by drop.
    Too sad to hear this Dr. I wish i had one of these bottles .

Don't be sad, jo23er, it's

not too late!

More is coming soon!
    Last edited by DrSmellThis; 06-30-2004 at 06:00 AM.

DST, Pheros drops me out cold. It is

hard for me to use because even a couple of dabs will make me exhausted. Working and going to sleep don't mix.

I also have noticed people getting tired around me too. What is ironic is that it seems to make me more

tired that taking a valerian tincture.

It might just be a question of the

"time and place" that you want to use Pheros. For example, although I don't drink, back when I did, a glass of

wine would have knocked me off my game when I was at work, but helped me to relax in another setting.

Bruce

Hmmmm... I know Sue,

Koolking's GF wore it to her work a lot and found it helpful for that environment. Maybe it's just one of those

individual difference things...

Hmmmm... I know

Sue, Koolking's GF wore it to her work a lot and found it helpful for that environment. Maybe it's just one of

those individual difference things...
    Yeah, I used to work with a bunch of guys in

Japan who used to drink a hell of a lot of beer at lunch. I could never figure out how they could function so well

in the afternoon.

B

I had friends who would go to

sleep if they smoked pot, and others who would get very energetic! I mean they told me this. I didn't actually

witness it. Ahem.

At a club, I would probably be fine

because of all the stimuli.

So there is hope. I just haven't wore it to the clubs much yet because it

doesn't go with a lot of scents. Personally, I didn't think I could mix it with Chikara, but I could be wrong.

I think the two mix on me well

if I add Chikara last. There is another thread going on right now where they are talking about that topic.
    Last edited by DrSmellThis; 06-30-2004 at 10:47 AM.

Phero Guru

Default none

when Sue was wearing it

constantly, and I mean constantly - it had no drowsy effect as far as I know but I'll ask her tonight. I am

usually with her during the evenings and her wearing the Pheros had not changed my sleeping habits at all. We're

eagerly awaiting the next shipment.

I know I have problems with anything

that says "may cause drowsiness" so I'm sure I am on the extreme end. But it doesn't surprise me others have felt

tired from it too.

I'm free... I'm free... I'm finally fr...

Talking

The first week that I wore

Pheros it had the same effect on me as bong hit

I actually felt as if I were stoned for the first

30-40 min... but that only happened for the first week or so.... no side effect since then, and I wear it once or

twice a week (last night in fact)

Hmmmm DST... what ya put'in in the brew
    Eep Opp Ork Aah Aah...

I think Pheros definitely has a

relaxation factor in it. A while back, I used one dab of it underneath my nose before I went to sleep. I think

that was one of the best nights of sleep I've had in quite some time. But the thing is, when I use it during the

day, people around me seem to be more open and friendly, which creates a more social environment around me. Since

people are more talkative, in a way, it keeps me alert and awake.

Suffice it to say there is

definitetly an aromatheraputic or medicinal aspect to it, which tends to reduce stress (though there are no drugs or

addictive substances, of course).

The idea with other ingredients was to then replace the missing stress and

apprehension with curiosity/attaction, positive mood, and finally with a "more appropriate kind of arousal and

stimulation". The overall continuing pleasantness is to keep the person around and riveted, and to enhance a sense

of familiarity (with the homey and bodily smells), nurturing (e.g., with the baby's head smell) and intimacy.

It was psychologically complex and ambitious from a natural perfuming standpoint. I don't really call it

aromatherapy, because it's not for fixing anything that's wrong with anybody. Maybe I should call it

"psychological perfuming." It's intended for enjoyment that goes beyond simple aesthetics, unlike other perfumes,

which just aim to smell good. As you can see, the intentions are broader, richer, and deeper than for other

pheromone products, which have a few very specific chemicals that cause very specific effects. There is a larger

plot or story line to what I'm wanting to happen for the wearer. The perfume is like an "olfactory sound track" for

the genre of movie I want to play out for folks who wear it. Of course, the various elements of the plot can be

mixed and matched, and the person ultimately creates the love story' rather than the perfume making it happen!

The two approaches to products seem complimentary, and I always intended for y'all to combine

Pheros with other products that work well for you. LaCroy products, in particular, seem to add a little

"ooomph" that Pheros needs to get the intended plot rolling. A1 would be interesting, too. In this

case, however, I didn't want to tie peoples' hands and dictate their pheromone profiles by adding large amounts of

L-S mones. You could just add a bottle of NPA and pretend I did it if you want.

Of course, how well it does

all that ambitious stuff is for you all to decide. It's just a perfume, but if you shoot for the moon, you might at

least land on the roof. I just want to get the next batch out, so the "grand experiment" can continue on bigger

level. Back to work.
    Last edited by DrSmellThis; 06-30-2004 at 04:53 PM.

Phero Guru

Default none

yes, yes, back to work,

back to work!!!! Laughing here.

I'm a whopper!

So then the newer pheros

will be an improved version of the 1st batch to some degree? Since I have been combining with chikara I have

definately hit on a winner. People really are coming out of the wood work and going way out of the way to have

extended conversations to where I scratch my head and think what the ? Then I remember the combo is working its

magic and I smile which makes them talk even more. DTS is the smell going to be the same?

The smell will be close to the

same and very recognizable as Pheros; maybe a tad bit smoother and muskier.

The smell

will be close to the same and very recognizable as Pheros; maybe a tad bit smoother and

muskier.
    Thank you Doctor,
    I appreciate all your quality input and information.
    Chammomile tea and

valarian do what they are supposed to to me. Make me relaxed and drowsy. I am not really sensative to them. They

just do what they are supposed to. They don't make me so drowsy I cannot keep my head up or even drive if I have

to but they do their job. So no I am not hypersensative to those that I know of and I have tried them many times in

tea. I even used to have valarian drops.
    Maybe you should skip the valarian and chammomile and a few others that

act as a sedative next time since half the people seem to think it makes them tired or drowsey. . I like being

relaxed but not tired you know. Good thoughts you had in trying it though. I think if you added pheromones that

mimic's SOE close, confident, openess -just not as heavy smelling as SOE- and added just a touch of Nol in there

for a bit of a sexual undertone and eliminate the sedative, relaxants that seem to make it make you feel tired and a

little drowsey through proper testing on a number of people ......... Pheros would be killer. I think it would be

the best by far. It would have it all. -minus the tired-drowsey effect many seem to be getting with it now plus the

benefits of SOE just not quite as strong and heavy. SOE sits so heavy. I would make it only 65% of that with a 10%

nol additive for the sexual spark. that would be the best through proper human testing. It would have it all.

Great exotic, inticing, erotic smell through many natural aphrodisiac herbs, oils, and spices.
    2. SOE openess,

trusting, confident, chatty feel good vibe.
    3. just A touch of nol for sexual stimuli.
    -Without the

tired-drowsey effect anymore- Nothing beats it!

Thumbs up Today's Entry: The Perfumer's Blog

I spent today experimenting with new bottling and dilution methods for Pheros, and now have some

more specific conclusions to offer Burgerama and others of you who wanted me to compare the beta offering with the

"new generation".

Bottom line: IMHO, the new Pheros will smell a little better than the

original, beta version you all are familiar with. The smell is a little more mature, smoother, more refined; and

more like a single smell instead of 150 (now 151, I guess ) smells. In particular it is slightly more woody,

musky, ambery, smooth and mellow; all of which was part of my goal for it.

I'm realizing more than ever this

perfume is really "old school", and that nothing like it can be found in stores. Some of the prominent ingredients

are hugely expensive and considered precious, so I'm glad I can bring these together for folks at a reasonable

price. Though there is a limited supply, I almost can't believe I produced as much of it as I did, given the nature

of the ingredients. It would not have lent itself to mass production.

The slightly harsh, spicy, sawdusty edges

have rounded off, thankfully. Some new bottling and dilution methods I am using have also made a positive difference

in this regard; and I will be refining this part tomorrow. This has been a very interesting learning process, as

tiny differences in production method make big differences in the result, even without changing any ingredients in

the concentrate. No wonder natural perfuming takes years to learn! The extra musky notes and fixatives have also

made a positive difference.

All in all, today was a relief, and I managed to perform some music tonight, too.

Hope everyone rested well.
    Last edited by DrSmellThis; 07-01-2004 at 03:19 AM.

I'm a whopper!

Well I guess I will have to

stay glued to the board so I can get in on the next batch. DTS the first stuff is so excellent I cannot wait for the

new improved version.

& Double Naught Spy InternationalPlayboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by burgerama1960
    Well I guess I will have to stay glued to the board so I can get in on the next batch. DTS the

first stuff is so excellent I cannot wait for the new improved version.
    I'm anxious for more, though

I have about a half bottle left. Also eagerly awaiting the release of Perception, I see myself spending a lot of

money in the next couple of weeks, especially if A-1 is restocked soon. Luckily, I still have about a half bottle of

Chikara, so I think I can wait until the final version of that is released before needing to replentish my

stock.

Pheros is the one I'm most concerned about though. Being such a limited supply, I want to stock up on

as much as I can. I expect to buy at least one or two bottles from each release so I can hoard my supply.

I am excited for Perception too. I

am eagerly awaiting hearing from samplers, as Bobby had told me about. I want to see if what looks good on paper

can survive the real world test.

It would be cool if Perception helped remove some of the consistency or

buildup issues.

I spent today

experimenting with new bottling and dilution methods for Pheros, and now have some more specific conclusions

to offer Burgerama and others of you who wanted me to compare the beta offering with the "new generation".

Bottom line: IMHO, the new Pheros will smell a little better than the original, beta

version you all are familiar with. The smell is a little more mature, smoother, more refined; and more like a single

smell instead of 150 (now 151, I guess ) smells. In particular it is slightly more woody, musky, ambery, smooth

and mellow; all of which was part of my goal for it.

I'm realizing more than ever this perfume is really

"old school", and that nothing like it can be found in stores. Some of the prominent ingredients are hugely

expensive and considered precious, so I'm glad I can bring these together for folks at a reasonable price. Though

there is a limited supply, I almost can't believe I produced as much of it as I did, given the nature of the

ingredients. It would not have lent itself to mass production.

The slightly harsh, spicy, sawdusty edges

have rounded off, thankfully. Some new bottling and dilution methods I am using have also made a positive difference

in this regard; and I will be refining this part tomorrow. This has been a very interesting learning process, as

tiny differences in production method make big differences in the result, even without changing any ingredients in

the concentrate. No wonder natural perfuming takes years to learn! The extra musky notes and fixatives have also

made a positive difference.

All in all, today was a relief, and I managed to perform some music tonight,

too. Hope everyone rested well.
    Excellent!

Great to hear that you're playing, too.

What exactly do you mean by "one

smell"? Do you mean it is more consistent? One of my favorite things about Pheros is that every whiff is

different. I think that's one thing about many simpler colognes I don't like, every sniff is exactly the same.

Rochas smells great, but every sniff is exactly the same. Pheros smells like sawdust, baby powder, sex, ect. at

different times.
    I probably won't be buying the new one, because its a lot of money for something I already

have.

The complexity is still there,

but it is more unified, if that makes any sense. Like if an orchestra plays out of sync, you might hear more of the

instruments because they all stick out like sore thumbs. If it plays well, the instruments are still all there, but

not so separate sounding. They play together. A whole sound emerges that wasn't there before, when it was just

the separate instruments.
    That's like what it is. The smell of the perfume becomes clearer and emerges. It's

something with parts as opposed to just parts. The parts do become less important.

With the organicity

and complexity of the formula being what it is, there is no way it's going to be simplistic like Rochas, however.

With synthetic perfumes you get a two dimensinal digital snapshot; whereas with complex organic perfumes, it's more

like a movie, or a dream sequence.

There is a small tradeoff in the same sense as in a good romantic

relationship, where there are some compromises made with each person's individualism, but the relationship is more

than worth it. for example, instead of smelling cinnamon and having it smell very clearly like cinnamon, you smell a

cinnamon aspect of it or angle on it -- a cinnamon note. You might have to smell a bit longer to recognize

the cinnamon, as it receeds for the overall smell; but you can find easily it if you look for it. On the other hand,

some smells become smellable that weren't before, as the mix is more balanced and things aren't lost as easily in

the mix.

I love when people challenge me to explain things that are hard to put into words, as it throws me into

a kind of meditation! Thanks.
    Last edited by DrSmellThis; 07-01-2004 at 02:01 PM.

Stranger

Do you have any idea when this

new batch of Pheros will be available to buy?

Right now I'm waiting on new

labels, as the first ones didn't work on the bottles; so again I'm in limboland temporarily. But it should be in a

couple of weeks, just to guess wildly.

Phero Guru

Default none

luckily Sue is here as I

read this. She reports no drowsy effect at all and it just make her feel happy and relaxed. She also says that her

two female coworkers (they are all in very close proximity) exhibit no signs of tiredness.

Thread Information