Man, this is a 5 year old thread I am just kickstarting again! As Bruce said in another thread, the forum has been quite dormant the last couple of years (I am to blame too, life got in the way of hanging here), but let´s change that!

To make a very long story short, several years ago I had a training-accident, got a blood-cloth that went to the heart and got a heartattack.
The heartattack itself was quite easily "fixed" but got medicine afterwards that screwed up my testosterone.

It took me several years, some visits to an andrologist and a lot of self-study and discipline to be able to get rid of those medicines and get the testo up, but what I learned was this:

* You don´t really need to live with decreasing testosterone-levels just because you get older, I am 51 yo now, but still maintains a healthy level

* I started to gym-train a lot more focused and taking long walks and during some years I went down from 105 kg to 80-81 now (seems to have stabilized there now). As fat around your abdomen is ostrogen-producing and lowers testo, getting down your fat-percentage is a good step on the way.

I am not sure I want to show a pic of myself here, but it´s safe to say I don´t look like a middle-age guy in my body and no, never taken ANY drugs whatsoever to help with growing muscles

* I stopped drinking alcohol completely

* I don´t eat soy-products, liquorice, fennel and anis, since these (among others) contains phytoestrogen (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytoestrogen)

* I do take ZMA, but pay attention here, not every ZMA is equal!
Check the bindings of both Zinc and Magnesium as well as the proportions.
If the binding is "-oxide", choose another brand of ZMA, since this binding makes it very hard for the body to absorb.
Also check that Zinc is about 30 mg, Magnesium is 450-500 mg

ZMA doesn´t really increase your TOTAL level of testo, instead Zinc interacts with SHBG to allow more FREE testo to use for the body (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_ho...nding_globulin)

* To increase testo-levels, working large musclegroups is one way.
According to my andrologist morning erections are a sign of healthy test-levels, but I have noticed that I need to sleep at least 6h to wake up hard, which means...

* Get more than 6h sleep

* I found out that I in a period of my life I was quite "low-key" stressed, i.e. I didn´t really notice that I had a lot of Cortisol in my system, which also lowers testo-levels.

My andrologist prescribed Syntocinon Nasal Spray (which contains Oxytocin), which in women induces lactations, but in men temporarily shuts off Cortisol production and it was like using a switch, I can´t describe it other than this. Suddenly I noticed how stressed I probably had been and it felt I could breathe again.

Note though that the Syntocinon is very sensitive to heat, so the pharmacist stored this in a fridge until I got it and then I too stored it cold.
Buying this through Amazon or similar is surely a way of getting a non-functional product, since storing this in normal room-temprature or higher apparently destroys the Oxytocin

* I use Maca powder in my protein-smoothies now and then, it do make it easier to get aroused and hard, but as have been shown in studies, Maca doesn´t really increase testo to accomplish this effect: https://examine.com/supplements/maca/

Also, to maintain the effect of Maca don´t use it all the time.