Quote Originally Posted by terry0400-40 View Post
He has his own unique and individual style as a human product of his science and all

factors considered he is contributing to the forum and imparting wisdom and reports as well as his own opinions and

studies

Maby we have had enough of disecting and scrutenising the poor guy.
Well said! My

style is best suited for discussing facts, and usually this is with other "hard" scientists. Some have an ego that

limits discussion of their opinions; most do not. But no researcher I know has an ego that limits their discussion

of "hard" scientific facts, as I have recently been asked to do in conjunction with an award. (Award notice

below):
---
James V. Kohl has been selected to receive the Ira and Harriet Reiss Theory Award for 2007 from

the Foundation for the Scientific Study of Sexuality (FSSS). The award is given annually for the best social science

article, chapter, or book published in the previous year in which theoretical explanations of human sexual attitudes

and behaviors are developed. Kohl's review: "The Mind's Eyes: Human Pheromones, Neuroscience, and Male Sexual

Preferences" was published in the Journal of Psychology & Human Sexuality, 18(4): 313-369, and concurrently

published as a book chapter in the "Handbook of the Evolution of Human Sexuality." In conjunction with the award,

Kohl is an invited plenary session speaker at the annual meeting of the Society for the Scientific Study of

Sexuality (SSSS) in November, 2007, which will be held in Indianapolis, Indiana.
---
Some of you know about

the award I received for my 2001 invited review that linked neuroscience and ethology. This latest award crosses

from neuroscientific ("hard") science into social ("soft") science, and helps to extend my sphere of influence to

the soft sciences. Nevertheless, I have never pretended to understand much about the soft sciences.

James V.

Kohl
author/creator: The Scent of Eros