Close

Hybrid View

Phero Enthusiast tenaciousBLADE's Avatar

Which is why I originally

asked to give me the option of editing them instead. It's just that nothing there is meant as offensive and I tried

to write things in both a polite and yet still spicy way. It's a long report and I wanted to keep it interesting

and readable.
    Is it wrong for me to ask for the opportunity to take responsability and edit my own post in case I

made a misjudgement on what's offensive and what's not?

I realize that last reply was indeed a bit funny...

but it's also a bit insulting to hear that you wouldn't give me the chance to make it better and just go and

delete it.

Well then.. I just hope I really didn't happen to write anything offensive in there without noticing

- `coz I sure won't like that long hit report to get deleted

Now that you've put all

my posts into one (I'm sorry I didn't do it myself but obviously I had no way of deleting the other ones so I

couldnt.. ). Is it ok if I edit the sub-titles back in?
    I just got confused about what's ok here and what's

not... I think I'll go re-read the sticky-threads... apearently I've forgotten a few things since I read them so

long ago.
    How embaressing

The rules are pretty

straight-forward here. All you have to do is read the rules and courtesy thread to know every rule we enforce and

why. You have all the opportunity you want to go back and edit your posts. Look at them while using good sense and

you will know what should or should not be said and how. I don't have the time nor the inclination to edit a dozen

or more posts every day. Along with my volunteer work here, I run a business and have a family. So, I rely on the

fact that people are capable of understanding a set of rules and following them. And it isn't like the rules or the

consequences are not plain to everybody. Just read the rules and courtesy thread to see for yourself.

Sure, go

ahead and add the subtitles back in. It will make them more readable.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Unhappy I am doing my best to be of benefit - never meant to break any rules

I have read the rules of course. Yet I guess so much time has passed

and I took it too much for granted that I'd remember them. I see that I was wrong as obviously I forgot a simple

rule as keeping it in one post.
    I just wanted to make it more readable and meant no harm whatsoever - I want that

to be clear.

I am absolutely in line with the obvious and totally logical fact that neither you nor any other

moderator should go through the heavy task of editing and re-editing my (nor any others') posts
    Never meant to

incline that & I hope I didn't make that impression.
    In fact, that was precisely the reason I offered my own

re-editing of the post (in the remote case of anyone finding anything there insulting). I just asked for a chance to

edit them instead of them being deleted. I get it that you might not have given me that chance and I want to

emphasize that I realize and agree with the fact that you have every right for that ().

I just got

a bit insulted by the short and straight forward reply.
    But now that you gave me a bit more of a detailed reply I

am over my childish behaviour.
    I'm 23 and that (rarely but) still happens some times.
    I apologize and hope you

get the best of my good intentions here.

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth View Post
    Sure, go ahead and add the subtitles back

in. It will make them more readable.
    Thank you - That was my point exactly.

I just hope this all

thing hasn't discouraged anyone from reading this thread

P.S.
    Just in case it wasn't yet clear - I

have already started re-reading the sticky-threads as suggested

I had some

misunderstandings\forgotten-things about the rules here... I truly hope this doesn't make anyone feel worse about

me, as I love these forums and make a lot of effort to be of as great a benefit as I can be.

Thread Information