Close

Hybrid View

Journeyman

In my experience, NPA seems to

have less of a bad odor when compared to Edge. If I OD on something, I'd rather it be NPA.

I'll order more

NPA when I run out, not sure if I'm going to reorder Edge though. Ammo might be more my thing.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BGuy20 View Post
    In my

experience, NPA seems to have less of a bad odor when compared to Edge. If I OD on something, I'd rather it

be NPA.
    I'll order more NPA when I run out, not sure if I'm going to reorder Edge though.
    This

makes no sense to me. The only reason Edge might "smell more", being the exact same thing with more alcohol and

water, is that you can use more fluid volume and spread it over a larger area for more evaporation. If you used the

same amont of liquid, Edge would smell much less, especially after the initial minute of rapid alcohol evaporation.

(You can't judge smell on the initial burst of alcohol evaporation)

But Edge used modestly, especially if

spread out to multiple application points, will not stink. I can make one dab cover six application points, and you

could cover your whole body with 2-4 dabs (1-4 dabs is the range of effectiveness for most). Again, if you are

stinking, you are either OD'ing or not using a cover scent. (There are exceptions, of course, like in the case of

Gegogi who has to use ridiculous levels that are an OD for everyone else). Further, Edge does not stink when you get

one of the many scented versions. NPA has no scented version. At one dab, (I don't believe anyone but experienced

users should attempt to spray Edge, since that's an instant OD for many) Edge improves the overall smell of

my cologne-pheromone complex!

Use scented Edge (the sandalwood one goes with every cover scent, but I use the

cedar "Arouser") in moderation with a cover scent, and you will have no problems with stink.

Why would you be

willing to OD on NPA or anything else?? That makes no sense. If you use Edge you won't OD. If you use NPA you will,

unless you are a freak of nature.

NPA "doesn't stink as bad" (it smells exactly the same because it is

exactly the same)
    only because it is confined to a pinhead application point where it can't disperse. It's

impossible to get enough fluid to spread NPA out without an OD. But you could almost say that if it ain't stinking,

it ain't working, because larger areas of dispersal have long been known to be better. So Edge is also going to

work better.

Some of you people just cannot understand, or will not open your minds, to the fact that just

because something stinks in huge quantities doesn't mean it can't smell fantastic in judicious amounts, especially

in combination with other things. That is one of the main principles and insights of perfuming.

Nowhere is it

more true than in the case of Edge, scented or not. Learn to use it properly and you will be rewarded.
    Last edited by DrSmellThis; 03-08-2008 at 04:51 PM.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Thread Information