Close

Hybrid View

If you're at altitude, the 182 will glide nicely for many miles if your engine stops, giving you a chance to find a clear field or road to land.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Quote Originally Posted by Gegogi View Post
    If you're at altitude, the 182 will glide nicely for many miles if your engine stops, giving you a chance to find a clear field or road to land.
    Very true. The glide ratio is 7 to 1. So, if I'm cruising at 10,000 ft (about 2 miles) I can glide for 14 miles! There is generally going to be some decent flat spot to set down within that range. The trick is to keep the training going so you are ready just in case. In reality, with all the checks and double checks, the chance of a total engine failure is fortunately very low.
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

Phero Dude

Thumbs up Thumbs up for Bruce

Bruce

I couldn't help notice over the past month or two your involvement in the forum has really increased. It seems in every post you are replying and giving your opinion.

I really like the way LoveScent is returning to its previous state in terms of your involvement.

I just want you to know your commitment hasn't gone unnoticed and if I had to pick only 1 area where lovescent falls slightly behind compared to other boards it would be the forum. And I would say the forum is really taking off now.

If more posters do their part to introduce new topics, or contribute to existing ones, we could have our old lovescent forum , reborn again.

I look forward to encouraging the old time lovescent posters to recontribute again, after all we were all part of the history.

It just excites me to see old names resurface. Perhaps its age hitting me and I'm learning to appreciate friendship cultivated over long periods of time. Something I didn't think about too much when I was a young buck in my 20's.

HM

Thanks HM,

Yeah my divorce hit me pretty hard; or it might be more accurate to say it *would* have hit me hard if I hadn't presented such a moving target. Anyway, I'm past the worst now and able to sit down in a chair for hours at a time again.

Thanks for coming back.
    Bruce
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene

For some reason time just went by and although I still get the occasional Love Scent newsletters I haven´t logged in for a long time (Last visited 06-15-2009 at 12:14 PM according to the forum).

Why?
    I wish I knew really. Time just went by, my job and family took up most of my time, I published a humor-book in Swedish last year, I trained SD with law enforcement which was stressful and I traveled a lot at work and it was quite stressful too, but it ended with a crash...

In the end of May 2011 I suffered a minor heartattack, which I am still recovering from now in August. Funnily I am more trained now than I ever was (I have lost 15 kg since October 2010 - I weight 90 kg now - and I walk 10-15 km per day, per doctors orders. Doing yoga too occasionally)

I have lost muscleweight, since I haven´t been allowed to weighttrain by my doctor until now, which disturbs me, since I was used to be more muscular.

There seems to be nothing wrong with my heart, possibly related to stress and genetics, but I still eat a lot of medicines (one of them taking my heartrate down do 48-50 bpm) and will do for quite some time more.

I haven´t been blending oils for quite some time either (dennisanthony.blogg.se) and actually threw away a lot of older oils just some weeks ago. I am thinking about taking it up again some time soon, more for the anti-stress that would bring me than anything else.

I've heard of folks saying that a mild heart attack was the best thing that ever happened to them, both in terms of health and just generally cherishing every moment of life, but I might recommend a veg diet. Myself and nearly all my friends are over the 60 yo age marker and (knock on wood) no heart problems. We are all vegetarian and yoga type folks. You seem like a "real wiseman" as your name implies. I have a feeling you are making good use of your wake-up call.

Speedy recovery
    B

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene

Phero Dude

Howdy y'all. I just thought I would stop in and say hi. I have been absent for a while and thought I would cruise through and see who is hanging around and this seemed like the best place to do it.
    "The wages of sin is death.But after taxes it's just sort of a tired feeling realy." -Ellen DeGeneres

Thread Information