Close

Hybrid View

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Default The Story of Pheros

Here I sit,

sweaty and smelly, as if in the maternity ward after giving birth. If Arnold could do it so can I! There is no beer

in the fridge, but I\'m sure thirsty for one! But my feet are up now -- too late!

As many of you know by

now, one of your fellow forum members (yours truly [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ) has designed

an innovative (not to brag, it just is) new product for Love Scent, called Pheros. This product has been in

the process of creation for 15 months, and is now complete. Earlier today, I just shipped the first 100 bottles out

to Love-Scent. Wooo-hooo!

I put Pheros in italics because it is a Greek word, and it is proper style

to do so. The word means \"king\", like \"pharaoh!\" I thought it typified a sort of prototypical alpha

manliness I was trying to put into it. Of course, it is also a play on words.

I am very excited about it, as

this is such a \"cyber setting\" and it is my way of more personally or physically interacting with you all, the

delightful folks that you are. Also, it is exciting for me due to the sheer volume of typing (Jeez, is it 2500 posts

yet?) I have done on this site regarding all things olfactory, telling everyone I make perfume (yeah right!). So

understandably, people have been asking me to make something for Love Scent for some time now, and finally I get to

come out of hiding and reveal that I\'ve been working my butt off to do just that. I was afraid to jinx it before

now. Quite a large sum of money and time was invested in this with no promise of compensation to put this together

(though now it appears I\'m being compensated fairly, thanks to Bruce. I\'m not whining, but rather am very

grateful.). Most days I\'ve worked on it, if only to shake up the monster bottle of concentrate. (This is a good

exercise for your biceps and pecs, BTW, and it is free).

There is a limited amount of this stuff available

(like 1000 bottles?), and once it is gone, it is gone. I couldn\'t recreate it if I wanted to, nor could anyone

else. Why? Because there are a million things besides the fact of which ingredients there are and their proportions

that determine the smell of a perfume (though I could probably come reasonably close). For example, the order and

timing that you add everything in mean a lot, and this stuff was a drop of this here and a drop of that there, for

over a year! I could probably make something even better, on the other hand, as one does improve with practice in

this field, but there will always be something special about this one, as it was a definite labor of

love.

There are somewhere close to 150 natural ingredients. Why so many? Ingredients add up quickly when you

have a vision of what you want to create, and you are going from that. It\'s not about the ingredients, per

se.

Still, you all may notice prominent woody notes like rare Asian oud (the real stuff, at a dollar per drop

wholesale!), mysore sandalwood, vetiver, and juniper (all aphrodisiacs), spices like bay, anise, and cinnamon;

(ditto), and natural musk notes like ambrette, valerian, cistus and costus (ditto). There are classic masculine and

mystical ingredients like frankincense and myrrh in there as well. Then there is a slight floral element that

includes chamomile and jasmine sambac (the queen of sex smells).

Whereas other perfumes claim to smell sexual

or \"erotic\" but do not, this one actually does smell sexual and erotic! So watch out! Just don\'t expect it to

smell like a typical department store cologne, please. It is a natural product. Remember the research that talked

about sticky buns or some pastry as being one of the strongest aphrodisiac smells? Well, you should also notice

notes in there like that -- kind of butterscotchy, carmelly, cinnamony, vanilla-like and nutty. It is not overly

pretty, however, as men are under no obligation to be pretty for anyone! In general it\'s a classic woody scent,

with amber, spice and prominent musk notes. Then there are pheromones, of course.

I hope you all will try

it. Hopefully, by the end of this week, the special introductory offer of 100 limited edition bottles should

commence. I have obtained 100 special bottles which aren\'t overly fancy, but are my favorite small bottles

ever for a man\'s cologne. They feel so great in your hand, are reusable, and are so well balanced! There

is a bulb in the top that cause a slight gurgling when you turn the bottle upside down. I hope I can find more

someday. The bottles are corked, and the corks are waxed on, like they are with wine bottles. The caramel-colored

wax is scented, with Pheros, of course!

The labels were designed by myself in collaboration with a

fine Portland artist. The burgundy boxes are simple but somehow elegant, and the leaflet is on some custom designed

paper, which is nicer than it should be for how long people keep leaflets. I cut all the labels with an x-acto

knife, and pasted them on myself. So we\'re talking home-made from top to bottom. Dare I say collectible?

Each bottle in the limited release is signed and numbered from 1-100; and the boxes are signed, too. It\'s

hard to communicate the amount of unmitigated TLC that you are getting, but I will admit I was even crazy enough to

meditate and chant (very \"good\" words, oh yeah!) over the perfume on most days. -- For what it is worth!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

And for those that may be wondering -- yes, I like it

better than Amouage! Honest! Amouage is for special occasions, whereas I consider this like a basic staple of

\"hygiene\" and olfactory fashion.

As people get their bottles, I will provide more information regarding

proper use, effects, and other such interesting issues. I am always happy to take questions and constructive

comments, and will address them here in this thread.

I wish to thank Bruce Boyd loads for providing this

site and forum, and for giving an upstart whipper-snapper like myself such an opportunity! I also want to thank all

of you for helping me feel at home in the forum, and for providing such interesting conversation! Om alpha!

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

(bump for new release, to

answer newbie questions, etc.)
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Thread Information