Close

Threaded View

Stranger

I'm more of an ASP

programmer primarily because that's what I used when I first started learning to write scripts. But I do think

PHP/MYSQL is probably the best way to go. It's just a matter of syntax. I’ll just have to look at some PHP scripts

so that I can become more familiar with the syntax.

Like I said before...Step one, creating

the survey, grabbing the data and saving it is the easy part. The slightly harder part will be writing scripts that

identify relatively similar profiles.

I take it you have some PHP experience. It looks like we have a

team of two. Any other programmers out there?

At this time I am thinking there should be 4 tables:

1. A

table of registered users containing user number, password, and etc. We will need a registration and login

script
    2. A table of profiles referenced by the user numbers. This will allow users to have multiple profiles. The

reason for allowing this is because a user's profile could change over time.
    3. A table of experiments referenced

by the profile numbers. This will allow a user to reuse his profile when conducting a new experiement. This table

will contain informaton about the product or mixture used, the lenght of time used, where applied, and any other

useful information.
    4. A table of results referenced by experiment number. This will allow a user to provide

multiple results per experiment. The reason for allowing this is because different types of people will react

differently. Results for each type/group of people should have their own record in this table for easy querying.

This will also allow a way for new results to be added should there be any as time progresses. Aslo this table

should contain as much information about the people affected by the experiment (sort of like a profile). That is

because, the affected person might be a particular target in which a lot is known.

Do you have comments or

suggestions.
    Last edited by Pete; 03-08-2006 at 09:55 PM.

Thread Information