Quote Originally Posted by Mtnjim
You understood

correctly. Those two states have some really rough prisons, meaning how they are run, not the prisoners, though

they're pretty rough too. Texas, for example, leads the world in exacutions. The rest of the sentances aren't much

easier. Arizona, among other things has a prison that is tents in the desert surrounded by chainlink fencing, and

the inmates are given pink jump suits and under wear.
mjim, i know, texas and arizona prison systems

are very harsh, you cease to become human, and gain a robotic number identity. what i find very disturbing with

prison systems, not only the ones you mention, but in other first world countries, is that they are called

correctional facilities or institutions which in effect means a place of rehabilitation, however under the

enviroment these prisoners live in, most come out worse then when they went in. and they usually re-offend because

they cannot assimilate into mainstream society. there is a fine line between punishment and rehabilitation, i think

the places you mention gives more weight to the first.

im aware of the high texan execution rates, although i

personally am against the taking of anothers life, whatever the circumstances, the texan governance and legislature

thinks otherwise. but this is another debate.

on the topic of jails, have you ever seen the movie midnight

express? its about an American civilian trying to smuggle some hash out of turkeys airport, to cut a long story

short ( its a true story) he gets caught up in the turkish prison system, and eventually escapes to tell the tale,

the Greek prisons here are maybe one notch above the turkish prisons in "Quality", although texas and arizona are

sterile places where humans are dehuminized, these places are literally hell holes.