Truth wrote: \"James, so what do you exactly mean that pheromones are designed to work with your natural body chemistry if you don\'t think any conversions are important?
----------
Your natural (genetically determined) body chemistry determines most of your pheromone production. SOE and other products work with your body chemistry, by adding some additional masculine components to it. Conversion of these masculine components (like OL to NONE) occurs naturally. I\'m not concerned about this conversion because additional OL and RONE clearly signal masculinity, so any conversion of these compounds would also signal masculinity. Besides, it is unlikely that anyone is going to convert enough OL (or possibly RONE) to NONE during the course of an evening to become offensive.

Lurker wrote: \"But how would your your body \"know\" that the pheros you are sensing are your own?\"

Your body knows the difference between \"self\" and \"non-self\" because the immune system genes also determine pheromone production. That\'s why tracking dogs can follow a scent trail from a particular person--basically they are tracking the person\'s genetically determined chemical signals (though diet can alter this slightly).

Artificial pheromones do not alter the immune system genes. Instead, the hormone driven and derived pheromones (like OL; RONE; and NONE) add a masculine component. Subconsciously, you still can identify self from non-self. Adding masculine pheromones is beneficial because it allows men to signal increased masculinity. But, adding signals of masculinity does not change the underlying genetic nature of your body chemistry, which allows you to determine self from non-self.

Pheromones that work with your natural body chemistry should not lower your own natural pheromone production. Instead, they should just add components that most women find to be attractive-because these masculine components are linked to male hormones that signal reproductive fitness.
--------------
Both these questions (above) are good, but it is very difficult to answer them without getting into a lot of other subjects--like genetic diversity and the hormone-pheromone link. This tells me that I really should be working on re-release of my book, so that those who are interested can get more background information. But, I\'m still trying to focus on this Forum while procrastinating with the book, because I enjoy the questions. Just wish I could provide more complete answers.