Close

Hybrid View

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth View Post
    It

does seem a bit skewed, doesn't it?

Come on now, doc. We may disagree in many areas but I have taken a lot from

what you have argued over the years. That you don't seem to understand where I stand is always an issue. I can

stand outside and watch and have opinions about what others do. But unless somebody is directly impacting my areas

of rights and responsibility I will do nothing other than watch and form opinions. I have no right whatsoever to

force any change on another person so long as they grant me the same courtesy. By the same token, I believe you are

entitled to believe any way you like, so long as you do not try to force me to believe or act in the same manner.

Personal rights and responsibility for ones actions is the very core from where I do everything. Often I embrace

other thoughts and idea so long as they do not ty to change that core belief. Is there some form of winning or

losing in that stance? Not from my perspective but possibly from the perspective of one who would try to force

changes or their beliefs on me. I'm not competing with anybody so cannot win or lose.
    Just kidding around,

Belgareth. I definitely know you believe all that. I was talking about winning in terms of who had the higher score,

and just threw in some kidding for fun.

FWIW, there is a weird element (OK, elements) to my sense of humor that

is a little edgy; OK, a lot edgy; and I typically accept that there will be a certain percentage of

misunderstandings because of it. Y'all get the restrained version here, with a few exceptions. God forbid you have

more than two beers with me, though.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Sorry for misunderstanding you,

Doc. That's always the trouble with the written word, its sometimes hard to discern intent when you can't see

facial expressions or hear tone of voice.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information