Nothing really to add to Thomas' post. Often it's a minor health issue, or I suspect bio-incompatibilty, as Belgareth first suggested. Woman's nether regions are wonderful and not gross, but darn it, under certain circumstances it can be repulsive. The one time I experienced that, the woman said she never used soap down there, which wouldn' t have been so bad if it wasn't so yeasty or whatever -- strong and bitter. I lied to her and told her I don't do oral. Bacterial imbalance would be a quite common cause. I think a healthy woman who is biocompatible could never use soap there and smell great (if she had an alternative natural method of keeping clean such as frequent hot water baths and some kind of special wash certain times of the month.) I really think the idea that this area of the body is gross is destructive, incorrect, and bigoted. I don't like this Japanese idea that everything has to be sterile like an ambulance. But darn it, it's not automatically sweet like honey. You have to be aware of your body in any case.