Quote Originally Posted by stuttgart-man
hallo gecko

and xvs,

thank you for your help!

is there a big difference between alcohlo and oil-base

None-products?
Which kind of product works better and longer?
Honestly, I don’t really know the

difference b/n alcohol based & oil based –mones when it comes to which lasts longer. I know some people feel that

alcohol based –mones evaporate quicker than oil based –mones, but I’ve never bothered testing this out myself (and I

never bothered paying attention to it either).

There are only 2 incidents I can think of that kind of speak

to this:
1. I wore 2 drops of PI/m (uncut) one night (this was when I was new to –mones & didn’t know what

the hell I was doing). The next day, I had to get to the bank to deposit a check. I was in a hurry, so I brushed my

teeth & washed my face & just took off. I’d forgotten about the 2 drops of PI/m from the night before & didn’t apply

a new cover scent.
This was mid-August (a few years back). I walked like 12 blocks in 90 degree

weather to the bank. By the time I got there, I was sweating profusely. I walked up to the counter & there were 2

female Filipino bank tellers. One covered her mouth & nose & said loudly: “Ohhhh…my…god…” She kept looking at me &

turning away, and kept her mouth & nose covered. She had this horrid look on her face & was scrunching her nose.

This was when I remembered about the 2 drops of PI/m (too little, too late on my part…oops).

The other Filipino girl (who was helping me w/my deposit) just smiled & deposited my check for me. I thanked her &

bolted for the door. Two weeks later, the girl who flipped out had quit (I don’t think she had quit b/c of me, but I

think it’s pretty funny).
2. I wore an alcohol-based concoction I’d made one night. It was kind

of an AE/m clone, except it also had NPA/m, chemset –none, and A1 (in addition to chemset –nol & chemset –rone). I

pretty much kept the –nol to –none to –rone ratios the same as AE/m’s ratios. I wore maybe 4 or 5 drops of this (I

was even newer to –mones during this incident).
The next morning, I was supposed to meet a

friend & his parents for dim sum. Well, I woke up late, so I was in a hurry yet again. You guessed it…I forgot that

I had –mones on & ran out the door w/o showering or reapplying a cover scent.
I didn’t get any

obvious bad reactions like I did at the bank, but I could tell people at the restaurant were kind of shying away

from me. I had a 3 or 4 foot radius around me while we were waiting for our table. The radius would’ve probably been

bigger if there was more room…haha. I didn’t remember about the –mones until we were half-way through with dim sum.

My friend’s mother kept covering her nose. This was either June or July of the same year as incident #1

(above).
So both times, the –mones were still “going” the next morning, but I did wear an OD level the

night before during both incidents (so maybe these aren’t good examples). And I’m sure that most, if not all, of the

chemset –nol had converted to –none in incident #2.

One thing I do know (as WorkingMann pointed out) is that

body heat helps get your –mone signature out there. Back when I played with –mones more often, I would apply a bit

more during the winter months (like WorkingMann said, colder weather = slower evaporation).

If you’re

concerned w/alcohol based –mones not lasting as long, you can try applying via the lotion “trick;” it may/may not

slow down the evaporation rate. Two or three squirts of lotion in a teaspoon or into the palm of your hand, then

place however many drops of w/e -mones into the lotion, mix w/your pinky, and then apply. I suppose dabbing & then

rubbing lotion on top would work also.

Or you can go w/what WorkingMann said: apply to your clothes,

instead.

In the end, I prefer making my own mixes; so I prefer playing w/alcohol based -mones (i.e., the

chemset).

EDIT: and yes, both incidents were very embarrassing for me.