Hi All,
The culture you are living in has a LOT to do with what is effective or even just tollerable to others. Here in Japan everyone stays well scrubed and is very BO conscious, so I have to be very careful. They even have a half-joking expression here \"oji kusai\" (middle age stink) to refer to the way middle aged men smell, and you find guys here in that age range are very fearful of being branded as having that \"disease\" so they douse themsleves with aftershave that often smells worse than BO to me.

So, if I use Edge on my armpits, I definitely make it the sandalwood or use some deodorant. Also, by the end of the day on a hot day, I often take a shower if I have done the \"pit trick\" as I find I am getting pretty \"ripe\". So, to tell the truth, if a couple of sprays to the arm pits, indoors when it is hot and humid suddenly \"stop working\" I would bet dollars to doughnuts that the problem is BO blowout, NOT that that pheros suddenly stopped smelling. Remember that about 24% of all American men can not smell androstenone at ALL, and many more do not smell it nearly as well as the girl sitting next to you. ALSO, keep in mind that we get very used to smells that are under our nose day in and day out, and simply start to screen them out. Have you ever noticed how your own home seems to have a very peculiar aroma to it when you just walk into it after a 3 week vacation. Chances are it always smells that way, but your brain screens it out since your are smelling it every day.

So, moral of the story:
A. Less is often more and the ideal amount varies GREATLY from one person to another.
B. Rotate products and fragrances.
C. Give the pheros a break now and then. Guys often notice better results the day AFTER their last application when they take a break and have been using more than their ideal dose.
D. Be especially careful with the pit trick.

IMHO,
Bruce