Maybe it should be, "there are

no stupid questions, only ones that have been discussed to death and are now boring".

Despite the frustration

being caused by laziness/point whoring, it is too crude a judgement to frown upon every rubbish thread,

simply because it could end up being bad for Bruce when we are unduely harsh to newbies. In my opinion, we should

make sure there is no excuse not to notice the newbie information, and make the forum very newbie friendly by trying

to cater as much as possible to the unimformed. I like Pancho's idea about having as much per product information

as possible, but perhaps such things should be in the pherolibrary. I have some pretty good information on a few of

the products already copy/pasted away, maybe we should do this for all of them and update the newbie material. Also,

whether it comes to anything or not, I'll start logging basic newbie questions.

Slightly off topic, I think

the current use of the rep system is way out of balance. Hardly anyone gives bad rep; it seems to be the case that

people give good rep in the hope of getting it returned. Case in point: all of the newbies with very high reps, some

of them with only a couple of posts! There are people who deserve good rep, but so many poeple have such high rep

it's a bit silly.