jjs --

I\'m by no means an expert on dosages yet. When I went through the prior messages, I didn\'t find that much about other products. However, a.k.a. gave us some new data earlier, and we do have an emerging guideline.

I only have concentration data for APC and attraction, not the PF. Thanks to Wilde Oscar that we have this available now!

Attraction is 0.293mg/ml, and APC is 0.05 mg/ml but may be much lower than that now.

Based on a target dose of 0.015mg (and this STILL might be high) you\'d use 1 drop of attraction (note that\'s DROP, not SPRAY. Attraction appears to overdose you right out of the bottle!) OR 6 drops of APC. I think the smell of APC is going to stop you from using too much all by itself.

A I was theorizing earlier, it\'s probably harder to OD with \'nol, which attraction has a lot of, so if you did use 1 spray, you\'d be at 0.014mg of \'none (which is probably in the OK zone still) and 0.023mg of \'nol. I\'d be very reluctant to use more than one spray of attraction based on what I\'ve discovered thus far. I just ordered some, and my plan is to try either 1 drop or 5 dabs of it.

Ren:

I\'m still a newbie here and I\'m sure the old-timers would have something to say, but as a \"Scientist\" I\'d say trust your observations. If you\'re seeing improvement after your application has worn off some, I\'d say that\'s telling you you\'re using too much when you start out.

Also, if you\'re spraying TE on your clothes, I doubt it\'s bacteria that\'s breaking it down -- it\'s either wearing off, or you might be OD-ing.

If the VNO (the sense gland that picks up pheromones) acts like the nose or any other human sense, it probably provides and early indication of pheromones and then shuts down in an overdose situation. Recall when you\'ve been in someplace really stinky or really loud -- at first you smell everything and it really bothers you, or your ears hurt. A couple hours later you get used to it, and you don\'t smell things as badly (or at all) and in the case of hearing, it doesn\'t hurt any more but you can\'t hear quiet sounds.

In an enclosed area you could easily be overloading women\'s VNO (especially if you were somewhat nearby). At first they might sense the \'mones, but later not because the intense dose has shut down their VNO for a while.

Everything I\'ve read has indicated at 18 you\'re a veritable pheromone factory, and that production drops off a lot by the time you\'re in your late 20s and 30s. If it were me I\'d back way off the dosage. Maybe get another sprayer and try mixing up a half-strength batch of TE (1/2 TE, 1/2 water or ethanol) and use that for a while.

A rule of thumb I\'ve been thinking about is \"When in doubt, mellow out\" -- if a dose isn\'t working, cut it in half.

We\'ve got a fair bit of evidence now that with the exception of APC, you can\'t underdose -- you might be moving away from the ideal, but it\'s better to find something that works and then improve on it that overdose from the start and keep increasing the dosage only to never have it work.

[ September 08, 2001: Message edited by: Scientist ]