Quote Originally Posted by belgareth View Post
Doc,

The other side of it is that when you are feeling calm and happy you seem to spread that as well. Do humans

produce a pheromone signifying happy or content? Kind of a chemical purr?

ID,
You are right, I was alluding to

there being more but I think each human's response level is different. One person goes completely off the deep end

over somebody while the next finds them extremely attractive but ever shows a thing and seems able to just shrug it

off. Add alcohol or otherwise lower the person's inhibitions and you see an altogether different response. Fun to

watch but disconcerting if you don't know what is happening.
Right, what I'm getting at is to what

extent pheromones "control" interrelations.

In your example (let's forget about alcohol or drugs) one person

may react strongly in a romantic way, and another will yawn. I'm wondering is there a way that pheromones "mesh"

between individuals? Like a hand fitting a glove?

Human pheromones must be exponentially (if not infinitely)

more complex than the lower animals (I know, this may go against your philosophical grain). It does stand to reason

that with all the other higher functions humans posses, their pheromonal development must be at a similar higher

function.

And/or to what extent visual cues and personality attractions blend with whatever pheromonal signals

are simultaneously attracting.

As a rank uneducated amateur, I imagine it to be a combination of all-the-above.

But since this discussion is about scent, I'm particularly interested in the pheromone/olfactory/neurotransmitter

angle.

Doc, you said something about dopamine being involved in visual cues.