Close

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Journeyman

Default *** Useful brain supplements... diets **

visit-red-300x50PNG
    anyone got any tips on how to get smarter lol or develop better focus and concentration without any brain

fatigue..... i dink plenty of water and sometimes take ginkgo biloba (supplement) and try to eat healthy most of the

time, but i need more advice on brain development to do well in University

Liquid DMAE can help. It's

sold as DMAE H3. Proper dose is based on body weight/mass. At 180 lbs I use 14 drops/day. Too much or taken late in

the day will have adverse effects on your sleep.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Journeyman

can u explain what is specifically

does..... and how long do i have to take it for the effects to kick in, and is it safe for teenagers because i

fairly young..... thanks for the info im gonna look it up anyways,

It helps the brain to function.

I believe it was sold as a smart drug many years ago. I don't know about side effects on teenagers so strongly

suggest doing some in-depth research before you try it. I know it doesn't prove a lot but the FDA considers it a

safe over the counter nutrient.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Salmon oil. Omega 3-fatty acids

improve brain function.

It's not like popping a pill, though (if that's what you're looking for - like

something to pep you up for an exam). The results happen over time.
    If a guy's a cocksucker in his life, when he dies, he don't become a saint. - Morris Levy, Hitmen

Holmes' Theme Song

Journeyman

i need anything that can benefit

me.... i was looking into these omega 3+ supplements, but i need some kind of improvement in the brain functioning

concentrating aspect.... its like i have a short term attention span, and anxiety which leads me away from my

studies, and keep in mind that engineering does take all your life away and you need to be dedicated to it in order

to be successful..... coffee and caffeine doesnt really imrpove anything for me therefore i drink less coffee but

tons of tea because its an antoxidant. Would it be best to get some doctors advice for such a little problem, i

have no major incapabilties but these minor things make me procastinate so much its not funny lol

Visionary7903

Megadoses of Thiamine

(Vitamin B1) work very well for me for concentration on reading tasks (I have been taking this for a year). I am

sure the result is similar to taking the Thiamine-derivitive smart drug, Sulbutiamine (Arcalion), which is popular

in Europe. I take 1 * 300 mg pill of Vitamin B1 with a 1 * Vitamin B100 Complex pill twice per day for this (as well

as numerous other health supplements). I take it with a B Complex as taking too much of one B-Vitamin will deplete

levels of the others.

Visionary

Journeyman

^ how old are, and for late

teenagers is it ok to take high dosages of what you are taking, or in my case should i take lower dosages, (im 18

btw).....
    Last edited by abcd2; 11-22-2005 at 07:12 PM.

Visionary7903

Quote Originally Posted by abcd2
    ^ how old

are, and for late teenagers is it ok to take high dosages of what you are taking, or in my case should i take lower

dosages, (im 18 btw).....
    I think it is safe (im in my mid 20s) to take for you. Just make sure you dont

take too much B6 (not more than 100 mg per day) and B3 (as Niacin, not more than 500 mg per day) - these can be

toxic at higher levels.

Anyway if I was 18 I would make sure I was exercising regularly, eating healthy first -

eating enough protein with every meal, making sure I got enough water, eating plenty of dark green vegetables and

berries particularly Blueberries, eating low glycemic index carbs, not eating junkfoods, and getting enough sleep

BEFORE resorting to supplements. But if you are too lazy to do that (I was), do the research thoroughly and take the

supplements if you are willing to take the risk.

Visionary

How does DMAE work on

concentration. Ive tried a few nootropics (idbenone, piracetam etc) and find them to be very usefull but they do

tend to scatter me mentally somwhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Icehawk
    How does DMAE

work on concentration. Ive tried a few nootropics (idbenone, piracetam etc) and find them to be very usefull but

they do tend to scatter me mentally somwhat.
    You may be different from me in many ways so I can only

answer for how it works for me. I have had ADD all my life and so my concentration is a little flighty anyway. DMAE

helps a lot with my concentration and ability to focus. It also speeds up my mental processes. I still suggest the

liquid form because there is a real line that when you cross it you have trouble sleeping and relaxing. Since each

drop of the liquid is 10 mg I know exactly how much I take.

Thomas Jefferson

Visionary7903

Hi Icehawk,

nootropics

are like pheromones in my experience in that you have to find the right mix (or single product) that works for you.

If you want to go the whole hog read up on the http://forum.avantlabs.com

Neuroscience section and www.imminst.org Nootropics and Brain enhancers

section.

I have ADD too and have tried DMAE and it did not work for me for concentration after the first few

weeks of continual use (though I never tried the specific brand that Belgareth mentioned.) On the other hand other

products like Thiamine megadoses and certain herbs like Gingko helped ME with concentration issues.

Visionary

Quote Originally Posted by Icehawk
    How does DMAE work on concentration. Ive tried a few nootropics (idbenone, piracetam etc) and find

them to be very usefull but they do tend to scatter me mentally somwhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Visionary7903
    I have

ADD too and have tried DMAE and it did not work for me for concentration after the first few weeks of continual use

(though I never tried the specific brand that Belgareth mentioned.) On the other hand other products like Thiamine

megadoses and certain herbs like Gingko helped ME with concentration issues.

Visionary
    It's

interesting how different we all are. Ginko never had a really noticable effect on me. The liquid DMAE is a salt

dissolved in solution, DMAE by itself is a caustic and does not absorb well. The pill form does not absorb in a

reliable manner either. Those are also good reasons for recommending the liquid as the dissolved salt passes through

he membrane and into the bloodstream readily. It did seem at first to lose it's effectiveness so I increased the

dosage. 14 drops per day seem to give me a steady effect (almost two years now) while not interferring with

reasonable sleep habits.

Thomas Jefferson

Journeyman

Yeah, but the liquid DMAE

tastes like @ss.

So put it in a protien drink or

coffee or gatorade.

Thomas Jefferson

Journeyman

At one point I was taking

liquid Ginkgo Biloba and I thought that tasted awful, then I started also taking liquid DMAE and I thought the

ginkgo tasted great in comparison,but I never thought to try it mixed in with another drink, I just assumed (yeah

yeah I know) it would make whatever it touched just as awful tasting. I mean it really is some vile stuff.

Journeyman

Flaxseed oil, or fish oils

are up to 4 to 6 times stronger sometimes but smell. So basically the omegas will help you with congnition and brain

fatigue. Also it has been proven in a few studies that creatine also affects the brain in a positive way.

Peace.

Visionary7903

Quote Originally Posted by thr3shold
    Yeah, but

the liquid DMAE tastes like @ss.
    I have to agree the liquid DMAE is disgusting tasting... have you tried

it for long and seen any results from it thr3shold? I might have to put some in my protein shake like Belgareth

suggested...

Recently I have also added a good brand of Bacopa on top of some of the other supplements that I

take and have definitely noticed a solid improvement in brain function (improved logical thinking, learning, memory,

etc)...

Visionary

Exclamation Dmae Is For Wusses

Quote Originally Posted by abcd2
    anyone got any tips on how to get smarter lol or develop better focus and concentration without any

brain fatigue..... i dink plenty of water and sometimes take ginkgo biloba (supplement) and try to eat healthy most

of the time, but i need more advice on brain development to do well in University
    You guys have GOT to be

kidding about DMAE - next thing I know, you're going to be resommending DHEA for increasing Testosterone. (hint:

not if you want real-world results and a margin of safety while using dosages that are backed up by clinical data --

instead of using the dose on the bottle, which is the dose the manufacturer thinks you're willing to pay

for.)

But I digress... what you're looking for are called "Nootropics" or "Smart Pills" but I wouldn't bother

with anything you can buy over the counter. Since this is the 21st century, Smart DRUGS are

what you should research.

Since you said you are "in University", I imagine that you're not in the USA. Thus

you don't have to deal with grey market suppliers like some of us, and you might even be able to walk into a

pharmacy and buy what you need.

Piracetam, Hydergine, or Oxiracetam coupled with Choline is a good beginners

combination. Deprenyl works very well and has some, uh, "interesting" sexual side effects.
    Vasopressin is AWESOME

for short-term memory and is well-suited for sporadic sleep-deprivation cyling and traditional cramming. But Vaso

gives me massive headaches and is not in the least bit safe for long -term use since it is a hormone. You can begin

your "real" research at
    http://nootropics.com/

but the most complete resource I've found is, of

course, a forum...

http://www.imminst.org/forum/index.php?s=&act=SF&f=169

You can find reviews of

Smart Drugs there as well as an up to date list of suppliers.

PM or IM me for more info.

And fish oil?

WTF?

Stranger

Fish oil is given to

bipolars. I reportedly helps even out mood.

I don't know if my thought process is valid, but it could be said

that breaking the cycle of depression/bipolar should free up compute cycles in the brain.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

I recently was told to try

vinpocentine.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about it?
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

I have used it quite a bit. I am

not sure I can say how well it works. When I was in Japan I took a number of heavy-wt. "smart drugs" that had a

dramatic effect. I don't think Vinpocetine is on that level, but it is cheaper and you can get it over the counter

anywhere. I would give it a try and see what you think.
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

THanks, Bruce.

IT

supposedly helps cerebral circulation somehow.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Stranger

I'm currently using a Nootropic

called Clear Edge, it was at Anabolic Minds that I picked up their pheromone thread that linked me here. Clear Edge

is great 3-4 tabs on an empty stomach and I noticed an increase in focus and concentration I was able to edit a old

paper with new corrections in a few minutes and I also compiled and written a full essay on some art pieces within

or a little less than 10 mins. I knew it would of took longer to get my thoughts on paper but I was impressed as

that phase was done so quick while being very fluent and flowing in the essay.

Stranger

Talking The best nootropics

I've tried

a lot of "smart drugs"

the best IMO is getsmart.

try

http://smart-drugs.net/index.html

you'll get info on different

nootropics.

Does Getsmart make you hyper or

jittery?
    If a guy's a cocksucker in his life, when he dies, he don't become a saint. - Morris Levy, Hitmen

Holmes' Theme Song

Stranger

you won't be hyper or jittery.

you will start to notice that you can retain info easier.

Awesome! Thanks for the info.

Holmes' Theme Song

Stranger

Same with mine as well! No

hyperness or jittery, I bought while I can at a great price.

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information