Close

Hybrid View

Phero Enthusiast

Default Clarification

My point about Erox is

not that they did or ever will make money (that was a side reference to the criticism they have received about their

methods, and about commercially-biased science in general). That is business, not science.

My point is that

they discovered valuable information about what are now the most convincing human phero-like substances. And they

did it over a decade before brainscan verification, looking only at the VNO and it's activity! Evil, misguided, and

wrong as they may be about certain things, they did beat veryone to the punch on that - and they did it based on the

concept of a functioning VNO.

If Mr. Kohl wants to argue that androstadienone is actually unimportant in the

phero arena, well, I'll leave him in peace to do that.

I suppose we could argue the definition of

"trumpeting", but the literature is swamped with discussion of androstadienone since the brainscan studies came out

a few years ago. Mr. Kohl cites a few of those studies himself over in the Research forum.

About the niggling

point of my tongue-in-cheek reference to a VNO experiment, here's a fact check. The VNO is quite often destroyed in

rhinoplasty - consult a plastic surgeon (I did). And as far as the reference to the paper warning against VNO

destruction (which is true), let's go ahead and finish the quote, since we're citing the experts. The reason

GarcÃa-Velasco and GarcÃa-Casas warned against damaging the VNO during a nose job was that it was happening, and it

should be avoided because:

"...The high incidence of identification of the vomeronasal organ in normal

individuals indicates that the vomeronasal system is a universal feature of the adult human nasal cavity. Evaluation

of the neuronal connections between this organ and the central nervous system shows that the VNO is a functional

chemosensory system with sexually dimorphic specificity and the ability to transduce signals that modulate certain

autonomic parameters. The presence of the VNO and its clinical significance must be considered by plastic surgeons

during nasal operations." Garcia-Velasco, J., & Garcia-Casas, S. (1995) Nose surgery and the vomeronasal organ.

Aesth. Plast. Surg., 19, 451-454.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish
    If Mr. Kohl wants

to argue that androstadienone is actually unimportant in the phero arena, well, I'll leave him in peace to do

that.
    Thanks. I see you've already posted a request for information on androsterone, and I've

replied. I've never implied that androstadienone is unimportant--as you have indicated. But it's nice to see that

you may be catching on about its "relative" importance.

I suppose we could argue the

definition of "trumpeting", but the literature is swamped with discussion of androstadienone since the brainscan

studies came out a few years ago. Mr. Kohl cites a few of those studies himself over in the Research

forum.
    I would refer to the androstadienone/human VNO connection as "trumpeting" cause and effect--a

problem that now continues when androstadienone or the human VNO is mentioned, either alone or in combination. I've

posted research findings on androstadienone that assume no such connection, and usually do not assume cause and

effect.

The reason GarcÃa-Velasco and GarcÃa-Casas warned against damaging the VNO during a

nose job was that it was happening, and it should be avoided because:
    What makes you think it was

happening? I think that they wanted us to believe it was happening, and to care that it was happening. Nobody seems

to have cared, as I indicated in another post. Or perhaps everyone who cared settled out of

court.

"... Evaluation of the neuronal connections between this organ and the central

nervous system shows that the VNO is a functional chemosensory system with sexually dimorphic specificity and the

ability to transduce signals that modulate certain autonomic parameters. The presence of the VNO and its clinical

significance must be considered by plastic surgeons during nasal operations." Garcia-Velasco, J., & Garcia-Casas,

S. (1995) Nose surgery and the vomeronasal organ. Aesth. Plast. Surg., 19, 451-454.
    This 1995 report

has repeatedly been debunked by newer research.

JVK
    The Scent of Eros

Thread Information