First thing's first...

Originally Posted by

Mtnjim:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvkohl

[IMG]http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/image

s/buttons/viewpost.gif[/IMG]

When I continue to discuss the science, people (see terry0400-40) make

comments that I find offensive: "In conclusion i can only add that we are so privileged to actually have a being of

this magnificient magnitude in our prescence and it is only natural to want to reach out and touch the hem of his

garment in sweet communion...."
James, I hate to mention this, but, I think Terry was giving you a

complement, in his own odd way.
I totally agree. In fact I based my own

reply...
Originally Posted by tenaciousBLADE

lol.. nicely and interestingly put
on that

exact notion. So jvkohl... take it easy . I'm pretty sure we all here have the fullest respect for

your input. I know I do... furthermore, I look forward to it everytime

Second...
Science,

at leat such high level science as how pheromones work (and make no mistake of it: I honestly view this type of

science as a very high-level one), is not reachable for anyone and takes a lot of effort to learn & study (you

should know ). Some people cannot afford the time\money or patience to actually go and study that science

thoroughly. You said:
Originally Posted by jvkohl

If people were more interested in learning about the science, they would find

no contradictions--other than in their own anecdotes. They might then try to scientifically establish why these

contradictions exist (in their world, and often in others).
Some peoples' way of learning about science

such as this particular one, is to read and post in forums such as this. I'm sure you can understand that, right?

Including myself in that group of people, i can say, that we do learn alot from your posts... Yet it may

take some of us some time to realize or fully understand what your answers mean exactly; considering that we do not

have the jargon nor the experience with such complexed and sometimes never-before-heared (through our ears at least)

scientific lingo.

I can only speak for myself, however I don't think anyone here had any intension of insulting

you in any way
Granted, sometimes you might sound\seem\feel a little "dismissive and self-righteous"...

because it seems as if you only reply to people with the scentific background... as if the lot of us who hasn't

learned on that specific field has no right to talk with you or earn your respect\experience\answers. But my guess

is that you might think of our replies in the same manner sometimes... and that the fact that we reply in a lingo

that is a bit weak may feel insulting to you. Well please take these next few words not as an insult, but as a

compliment... `coz that is honestly the way I mean them:
Some of us venture our opinions out of curiosity. Science

is not defenent and that is exactly the reason it still exists as a developping proccess... to answer the questions

it raises up, and fill the curiosity of human nature. I can't speak for others yet I'm pretty sure most here would

agree with me (no offense anyone)... I am curious and when I don't understand an answer I keep on asking the

question and try to explain my question a bit more to the detail. The answer wasn't clear to me... up until the

very point you said "Yes". In no way should it be offensieve to you that a simple word was needed.

What I'm

trying to say, jvkohl, is simply (and sincerely):
Don't be offended by our ignorance. Just try to help us

through it instead
`Coz honestly... You're one of the most experienced people on the forums, and as such -

you're one we can learn from; but for that to happen you have to let us. So why threat to quit posting, when you

can just teach us some valuable knowledge about your field insted?

Well, I trully hope I got at

least SOME of the situation right and that my words helped in some way what so ever. `Coz otherwise I've just made

a big fool of myself

JV, people have made some respectable efforts with their words to try and make you

understand that we mean no harm. Please... make that worthwhile and keep on posting your knowledge mate
It's

all for a good edjucative pupose