Quote Originally Posted by CAtriathlete View Post
James-
I think it is absurd to believe that science does not include opinions. Is

that what you were trying to say?-CAt
I specified "individual" opinions, which are based on anecdotal

(i.e., subjective) evidence. In any case, your points are well-taken. At least you know about epistemology. When I

continue to discuss the science, people (see terry0400-40) make comments that I find offensive: "In conclusion i can

only add that we are so privileged to actually have a being of this magnificient magnitude in our prescence and it

is only natural to want to reach out and touch the hem of his garment in sweet communion...."

We could take this into a whole debate over epistemology (how we know what we

know), but actually I don't even think we were giving opinions anyway.

We were describing anecdotal evidence

that seems to contradict the science you were sharing, and we were simply asking how you might explain this

anecdotal evidence in light of the research.-CAt
"Seems to contradict" is the key issue. If people

were more interested in learning about the science, they would find no contradictions--other than in their own

anecdotes. They might then try to scientifically establish why these contradictions exist (in their world, and often

in others).

The fact is that NOT ALL women lose their sex drive when they lose

their cycle, so we were curious how that fits into the science you are trying to share. I don't think that is

expressing opinion so much as trying to understand how the sophisticated study you were sharing fits in with other

observations.-CAt
A woman whose life-long experience with pheromones has conditioned her sexual

response cycle very positively, is not nearly as likely to lose her hormone-dependent sex drive. In fact, due to the

estrogen decline, the effects of testosterone may bee "unmasked" in some cases leading to increased sex drive. But,

as you can probably tell, this is a scientific explanation, not merely an individual opinion based on someone's

anecdotal experience.

And, given the ridicule I've experienced from anonymous members of this Forum, you can

also probably tell why I care less and less about what people think or say--compared to non-anonymous researchers

with whom I regularly correspond. I don't think that is so much an issue of my ego, as it is how I choose to spend

my productive time.

I don't mind spending time responding to comments like yours, but there are too many

people on this Forum who are not the least bit interested in the science of human pheromones.

James V.

Kohl
author/creator: The Scent of Eros