Close

Default Lounge Lizards: Take your vitamins

visit-red-300x50PNG
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/5194300.stm

This rather frivolous cross-species

comparison is made more pertinent by drawing from additional research on steroid hormones like vitamin D. From a

visual (e.g. more colorfull) perspective, darker complexion (as in tanned skin) indicates increased Vitamin D

levels, as well as increased testosterone levels. So, as I've indicated in past communication, when women say they

prefer tall, dark, and handsome men, they are indicating their preference for testosterone-associated pheromone

production. Simply put, the link between vitamin D and the "dark" descriptor, is due to olfactory/pheromonal

conditioning of our visual response.

See also:
    Sonnenberg, J., Luine, V.N., Krey, L.C., & Christakos, S.

(1986) 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 treatment results in increased cholin acetyltransferase activity in specific brain

nuclei. Endocrinology, 118, 1433-1439.
    My notes: VITAMIN D IS A STEROID HORMONE ACTIVATED BY LIGHT AND CONVERTED

TO ITS ACTIVE METABOLITE D3. D3 CORRECTS DEFICIENCIES IN SERUM TESTOSTERONE AND LH IN VITAMIN D-DEFICIENT MALE RATS.

IT MAY PLAY A ROLE IN NEUROENDOCRINE REGULATE OF ANTERIOR PITUITARY FUNCTION. COULD BE A DIRECT EFFECT ON TESTICULAR

FUNCTION, CALCIUM AND LH.

JVK

Phero Pro

jvkohl, where does that leave albinos

or far north european men who dont tan and just get pink skinned from the sun?

I tan easily, as I have a

mediteranean background with oilive skin, and I must say, what you state is correct in my experience, very pale and

white northern european women ( e.g Swedish or English or any other race of women to be quite frank ) are attracted

to me, and this increases 10+ fold in the summer or when I have a stint at the solarium.

Just to complicate

matters and in no way do I want to sound racist. But where does that leave Black Men? Dark Arab Men or even Darker

skinned Asian men? Or are you just talking about white men who tan and get dark? I am saying this because, the races

I just mentioned, do ofcourse tan, but thier appearence is perhaps not as defined or changed from the sun, because

they are already dark to begin with, especially in the case of Black African men.

Im a little confused here,

perhaps what your saying is focused on the vitamin D and Testosterone and not so much the skin color?

I guess I'm really lucky to get

any nookie at all as I'm 5'8', white as a peeled egg but, hopefully, somewhat handsome. Oddly I like women

equally dark, light or anything inbetween. Also short, medium or tall is good although I'm a bit partial to petite

Asians.

Now I have a good friend that was a real lady's man. Women were into him like flies on a cowpie.

I'm sure his blue eyes, blond hair, airline captain status, black belt in karate and champion longboard awards were

helpful. However, now his tanned skin is leathery and severely sun damaged. Every few weeks his dermatologist cuts

another chunk off his face or arm. Ain't doing so well with the ladies anymore since his tan turned to red sores

and flesh rot. But, yeah, now that I read the article he does resemble a lizard after 20 years of tanning for a

he-man appearance.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Thread Information